- Government school donations plan: How many have signed up?
- 'She fed off your fear': Grandmother faces child abuse and neglect charges
- Work starts to stop sewage seeping onto popular Auckland beach
- Hawke's Bay community foils scammers trying to cash in on expressway tragedy
- Herald afternoon quiz: November 18
- Nine shot in 'mass casualty' attack at Fresno backyard
- Father slammed for using teen daughter as 'bait' to catch sexual assault suspect
- Doorbell video of screaming woman leads to kidnapping investigation in US
- Samoa measles outbreak: All schools shut, kids banned from public areas as state of emergency declared
- President Trump pulls back from ban on e-cigarette flavours
Top StoryNow and then: Landlord/tenant law overhaul, how 1.5m lives could change
Proposed Government changes to the law for landlords - affecting about 600,000 properties which are home to around 1.5 million New Zealand tenants - is specific, precise and detailed.If these go ahead, the law will swing firmly...
Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern will be taking a few days off over the weekend and early next week to recover from a dental operation and will miss next week's Cabinet meeting.Speaking to reporters this afternoon, Ardern said she...
18.11.2019 PM Jacinda Ardern is again distancing herself from comments made by top NZ First Ministers
Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern has again been forced to distance herself from comments made by senior New Zealand First Ministers. But she is playing down any suggestion of issues within Cabinet, telling reporters that it's "just...
A child is in a critical condition after they were struck by a car while riding their bike in Epsom.Police were notified of the crash on Gilles Ave around 4pm this afternoon, a spokesperson said.The child was taken to Starship...
A doctor accused of murdering a Dunedin teenager hugged the victim's mother and listed possible suspects during a visit a day after her body was found, a jury has been told.Venod Skantha, 32, denies a charge of murder and four counts...
The wife of a doctor accused of examining women's breasts when not clinically justified told a tribunal today her husband was honest and dedicated to his patients' health. "He's quite a shy and humble person, but I would say that...
A late surge has seen almost 90 per cent of decile 1 to 7 public schools - affecting 416,000 students - signing up to the Government's offer of $150 per student for axing parent donations.The policy was flagged by Labour in the...
A young woman has testified that her grandmother used to give her a choice between being beaten or having her head shaved as a form of punishment.The grandmother, who has interim name suppression, is standing trial in the Napier...
- Tiny low-energy device to rapidly reroute light in computer chips
- Design flaw could open Bluetooth devices to hacking
- Computer scientists develop new tool that generates videos from themed text
- Modeling every building in America starts with Chattanooga
- A new parallel strategy for tackling turbulence on Summit
- Terry O'Neill, whose images captured '60s London, dies at 81
- Gustav Mahler: Ahead of the NZSO's performance of the composer's second symphony
- Japanese emperor performs secretive $37 million succession ritual with 'sun goddess'
- Artist Jacqueline Fahey on love, feminism and the view from the kitchen table
- Off to see the Wizard - behind the scenes of a mega production