Sharan Burrow wants to find alternative livelihoods for coal miners and therefore help protect our climate.
Trees are the latest green battleground in the election campaign, writes BBC Science editor David Shukman.
16.11.2019 Bloodhound land speed racer blasts to 628mph
The British jet-powered car goes faster still during trials on a dried-out lakebed in South Africa.
15.11.2019 Sentinel for sea-level rise enters testing
The satellite that will maintain the "gold standard" measurement of ocean height is nearly complete.
The Environment Agency is worried about further flooding this winter after near-record rainfall.
The government says leaf blowers are "fatal to insects", which are in dramatic decline in Germany.
Scientists say rising temperatures are having a big influence on the scale and frequency of extreme weather events.
- Teachers and UNESCO team up to define professionalism for teaching and learning across the world
- Hong Kong: Educators stand with democracy defenders
- Inclusion and mobility in higher education: a long road ahead
- Norway: Utdanningsforbundet sets path for the next 4 years
- Liberia: Renewed fight against increasing privatisation